Believing the Church can be more than we know. Dreaming toward all God can do... even through us!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Playing Tag

The gestation period for the The CityWell is quickly coming to an end, and suddenly I am having to move from the dreaming/theorizing phase of this process to some concrete things like incorporating (serious pain in the rumpus), putting together a website and having a logo designed for all print material. Hopefully next week, I'll have some logo ideas I can post for your feedback, but for now I need to finalize the tag line that will be a part of the logo. This needs to be a simple, sticky, and compelling statement. Here is the version I'm leaning toward at this point:

The CityWell
Follow Jesus. Live Well. Bless the City.

I think these three phrases encapsulate the vision for this church and flow sequentially, with following Jesus being the ground for the other two. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I have helped a few methodist church's incorporate in my day and so if you need bylaws or articles of incorporation in WORD, let me know and I will happily share. The CityWell's tag line will likely evolve much over the years, and I like what the version you suggest! Do you think that one can follow Jesus, but not really know him? I was trying to find a word that would mean follow and "gather together to know" Jesus, but the english language is so deficient! Uniting with Jesus to Live Well and Bless the City. ?? think yours is more succinct. praying for your church. Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how you flesh this out. Here are my strategic thoughts. Let me know how I can help http://www.martycauley.org/2011/03/digging-well.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[e] 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[f] to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cleve,

    Who is doing your logo and site?

    ReplyDelete
  5. does "live well" confuse your name...well vs well? I like the idea of living well, but that would be my only concern. of course, you could play that to your advantage so that live well literally means to live as a portable well overflowing with living water...good t-shrit idea.

    ReplyDelete