Believing the Church can be more than we know. Dreaming toward all God can do... even through us!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The MOST Important Question

What are the primary purposes for the church's existence? Implication question: Why should there be CityWell churches?

These are first-line questions that must be answered compellingly for every church. I'd love to know what you think. Feel free to offer thoughts on one or both of these questions. To submit comments I think you need a google account, which you can open with whatever existing email address you already use. So, make a comment, choose "google account" under "comment as" and hit "submit." You'll be guided through the simple google account initiation.

I look forward to your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. alright! I'm looking forward to making more comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig it, Alex. We are gathered to be scattered! I've also heard a few images that are helpful and provocative. We cannot become cul-de-sacs on the Kingdom highway, and we must not be dead seas that only take in without sending out. In a comment on another post Dave noted an image from Jeremiah 2:13 where God says the people have forsaken Him, the living water, to carve out cisterns for themselves. Cisterns caught runoff water, were stagnant, and often bred disease. Bottom line... we are always to be sent out. After all, Jesus said, "As the Father sent me, so I am sending you" (John 20:21).

    ReplyDelete